Saturday 5 March 2022

Random Post on Match Up

 Matchup!

Write a scene featuring a lie detector, a dead bird, and an old friend.



Today I do not feel like my strong self. I miss my friends. 

God blessed me with amazing friends and I am grateful for them. 

So the assignment is to write a scene involving a lie detector, and an old friend.

Let's go.

If I want to be completely honest, I would share a little bit about what a lie detector is, a dead bird and an old friend.

About Lie Detectors:

I have never seen a lie detector in real life. I have seen them in detective and thriller movies. It is often used to ascertain the truthfulness or deceptiveness of an individual.

Were I to ever use a lie detector test, I think I would fail the test because I can be really nervous sometimes and really calm sometimes. It all depends on how my day is going and what is priority for that week.

About Dead Birds

when you are born again, you understand the spiritual realm a little bit better than the African perspective.

What is the African perspective?

In Africa, it is believed that people sometimes change into birds and go about their dark assignments. 

I did not believe it per se, I grew up with the European perspective, thanks to my dad and lots of TV. As I grew older, I came to believe that it is actually possible and although I have never seen it physically. So if there has to be any dead bird, let it be the birds that the darkness uses to carry out its assignments. 

My logical mind thinks that the darkness would simply find another bird to use. Just my thinking though. 

About Old Friends

One of the reasons I value my old friends so much is because it takes so long for me to establish connection and then trust my friends.

As an introverted individual, unless I trust my friend, I do not become as open as a friendship should be. 

Who in God's earth goes about trusting people as easily as I do. So connection is pretty hard. I do not do connection. I do not do keeping in touch also. Who can be more complicated.

Enough of the inadequacies, today I am thankful for old friends and for true friends.

I am thankful for friends who have been good to me and those who have done me harm. They have taught me a lot of things. The latter have taught me to value the former.

So till Monday, when we see talk again, these are my random thoughts.










No comments:

Post a Comment