Friday 6 March 2020

God deals in hope...

Sometimes scrolling through facebook can be much of a burden
Dealing with changing factors, changing faiths/beliefs
Stagnant faith/beliefs
Missing faith/beliefs

Credit: Carol Anne


It can be wearying.


Sometimes I have to mute some people for a week to protect my mental health
Others I outrightly block
We don't have to be connected on Facebook
Facebook is a safe space.

I can't pretend to understand what is going on in the personal life of others
I am using up all of the grace of God daily to live a victorious Christian life in my own personal life
I am just a simple girl who has chosen to put my faith in Jesus first

Before all the politics that goes on in church
before all the manoeveuring and politics that happens in work spaces
Before the busyness of this life.

God has been gracious to me.
I have made mistakes in decisions and in timing that has cost me.
Until I stood up as an adult and decided that life should not be lived by rote.

I am always saying, Christianity is not a bunch of rules and regulations
This is because I have often fallen into patterns of dos and donts
and the false belief that God is pleased with me when I do my lists of dos and donts
As opposed to God is pleased with me when I just breathe and let Him into my everyday
The balance between the dos and the letting Him into my everyday, I do hope that I get it soon

I have more peace when God is in my everyday and I am not living as if I am on a highway and I just have to keep pressing the accelerator.

Many times all I need is to 'rest'.
As is needed by everyone else.

Quiet, my soul.
Just rest
Rest in the arms of the One who loves you completely
No reason
No agendas

With His plan waiting for you to fulfil
Listen to Him
Firm and yet loving voice of the Father

You are good.
You are kind
You are equipped
You are enough.

Rest easy
Follow My lead
You will be fine
You will do just fine.



NB: Just in case this does not resonate with you.

Jesus loves you. Whatever it is that you might be going through or that your loved One might be going through, God can come through for you.

I am praying Romans 8:26 for you that all things will work together for your good, and that God will exceed your imagination and bring good out of what the enemy meant for evil. 

I join my faith with yours today and believe that God will overshadow you with His goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment