Wednesday 29 August 2018

So I found this on quora. They blocked my acount shortly after this. For no reason.

So I saw this on quora.

It reminded me of some of the silly questions I have seen on the app, like do we have banks in Nigeria?

She's Kenyan by the way.

Update: Quora blocked my account. This is the first time anything like this is happening to me and I am so angry about it. All the views I had gathered on that post just went to waste.

I hope it is not because I am black. Can someone tell them blacks who are from Africa don't feel racism. We are champions.
How come you enjoy Nigeria so much?
With the headline above, she has 7.7K views on Quora.

Her name is Wanjiku Jørgensen. She is a Journalist, Mother, Travel, Dreamer, Doer, Photographer and a Kenyan living in Denmark, raising two Afro-Vikings while working to make my dreams come true. Oh, I'm a trained war journalist, but my objectivity checked out when the sensitivity of motherhood checked in.


Nigeria has helped put Africa on the map, in a very positive way.
Most Nigerians are charismatic, boastful, ambitious, aggressive people. I think the over-population in the country pushes one to become more than average. They go for what they want!

I was so happy when I saw this.
Nigeria has produced and continues to produce great academic minds, artists, musicians, just to name a few.
Some of the most famous African writers and musicians are from Nigeria.
Think Chinua Achebe, Chimamanda, Fela Kuti, again, just to name a few great Nigerian minds.
Nollywood, Nigerian version of Bollywood, has been a pioneer in making African films portray characters that embrace their culture - quirks and all.
Naija, Nigerian music, has spread throughout Africa, making us not only jam to music whose words we barely understand, but also appreciate that African music can rule the airwaves.
Nigeria is like that older sibling, who encourages you to be bold in your identity.

Love this woman already.
Nigerian parents are also fond of giving their children usual names. Fountain, blessing, light. Heck, they had a president who goes by the name Goodluck Jonathan.
Unfortunately, when Westerners think of Nigeria, the first thing that comes to mind are the online scammers and swindlers.
But trust me. Nigeria is more robust than that negative identity.

We are not scammers. I am not one. Many of my Nigerian brother and sisters are not either. When some of the people around me find out I work on the internet, the first thing they think is scammer. Some even go as far as nicknaming you yahoo. 

They should be thinking about learning from you but name calling is more important.

To learn how to work on the internet, read my post about freelancers. 

I would be willing to coaching about 20 people on how to work on the internet in the month of May. Opportunities are everywhere, get rid of your skepticism.



I love traffic generation so much so I have this interesting story.
Before then, let me share with you a link to purchase my book and learn how to do social media for yourself.
Buy my ebook on amazon. Click to read - https://amzn.to/2AVnrpV
For more information, visit my website at ImagineitIncNG http://bit.ly/2nli3mu

No comments:

Post a Comment