Wednesday 20 June 2018

My most intellectual posts for the week...

Knowing how much I love Nigeria, I am interested in posts that talk about what is wrong with Nigeria and how to fix it.



There is this dude called Kalu Aja who knows a lot about economy. The economy in Nigeria is something I would like to get better. As much as I am excluded from much of the suffering (by virtue of heaven's intervention in providing for me, if you are Christian, you would love my blog) I want Nigeria to be better.

I read a lot of newspapers especially the ones that I have worked at. BusinessDay Nigeria fascinates me because I get to participate in translating it to a newspaper/digital company so some of the stories naturally interest me.

This week I loved:

Nigeria’s biggest problem is not corruption, it is Federal CharacterNigeria’s biggest problem is not corruption but Federal Character.

Federal Character is the “PROPORTIONAL” allocation of projects, appointments to Nigerians and Nigerian States irrespective of competence, science, need or empirical analysis, simply tribe coded as States is used. Read more.

Ex-FIFA president Blatter happy to be in Russia

Ex-FIFA President Sepp Blatter said he is happy to be back in Moscow, three years after his last visit. Blatter undertook his last visit for the 2018 World Cup qualifying draw in July 2015 at a time when he felt it unsafe to visit any other country for fear of being detained on a warrant from the United States Justice Department in its football corruption investigation. Read more.

There is another story called, 'Why Ajaokuta won't work', it speaks about all the craziness that went into the making of Nigeria. You will have to visit BusinessDay to read it.


No comments:

Post a Comment