Friday 1 April 2016

How to know that you wrote something good? #Writing

How I love to write
when do I write my best
I write my best, most authentic stuff when I have been pushed to the wall
I write terrific stuff when I am angry at some injustice
When I want to change culture
When I want to raise awareness for something that would change another's life.

How do I write my worst?
I write my worst when I am compelled to write
Or when I am just putting in my quota



The good and the bad thing about being an artist is that my emotions will sometimes control the kind of writing that I do.
Sometimes the emotion will work for me and sometimes it will work against me

What is the best way to write a good article or good story?

You need to keep writing until you feel the energy in your writing, till the dialogue gets the blood pumping in your veins and you can't wait to finish the books because the words have captured your imagination.

So much that when you are sleeping at night, you can still remember the words that you read in the book.

That's good writing.
Where you should be aspiring to
Where I should be aspiring to


LITTLE TIPS
After you have gone through all these writing stages, know that what you have is a draft

  1. Now you must organise
  2. Edit
  3. Edit again
  4. Check for grammatical errors
  5. Have an editor read through because no matter how good you are, there are some things you will miss.
Cheers

NB
Try to write something everyday even if it is just a letter.



No comments:

Post a Comment